The historic parish of Horne did not originate as a single manor as is the case in many places. In places in the deep Weald such as Horne the land was often divided between a number of manors, a situation originating in the period of Saxon settlement when isolated grazing rights became acquired by settlements far away to the north of the downs. When the parishes were set out, probably in the late 12th century, a pragmatic view was often taken and boundaries were drawn in a way convenient to an existing church rather than to ownership of the land. The historic parish of Horne comprises two sub-manors of Bletchingley, Horne itself and Bysse Court and a part of Hedgecourt, a sub-manor perhaps associated with Godstone. Hedgecourt manor, apparently largely a park, stretched from Snow hill (Snowerhill) on early documents to Wiremill and across the county boundary into Sussex.
The present civil parish of Horne includes, on its eastern edge, part of Tandridge manor. This manor was only two fields wide. Its historic boundaries coincided with property boundaries in the 19th century as they must have done when the manor was established perhaps 1000 years ago. In between this and historic Horne is part of Godstone manor.